Image courtesy of Lewis Bernier
Last week on February 27th, East Point had the privilege to partner with activists from Idle No More SF, 1,000 Grandmothers for Future Generations and the Climate Justice Street Mural Project for another mural action! Led by members of Extinction Rebellion SF Bay, we blockaded the street right outside of the Oakland Federal Building and painted this beautiful mural with a clear message to the Biden and Harris administration: STOP LINE 3 & DAPL - BUILD BACK FOSSIL FREE!!!
On either side of the message are smaller murals designed by 12 different community organizations showing what their vision of a Fossil Free future could look like!
Check out the collection of pictures, videos and media coverage below.
Check out a short video documenting the action. Video by Maya Media, with music by the Peace Poets.
- Native News Online: Protesting Pipelines Through Street Murals: The Paint Does All the Talking
- SFGate.com: Hundreds Paint Murals on Downtown Street Opposing Oil Pipelines
- KTVU: Hundreds Paint Murals on Downtown Oakland Street Opposing Oil Pipeline
Photos & More Videos:
- Photo album from Kelly Johnson Revolutionary Photography
- Photo album and drone footage from Arthur Koch
- Photo album from Rawearthworks Journal
- Drone photo album and video footage from Lewis Bernier
Additional thanks to all of the mural teams who showed up with their vision of what our beautiful future could look like!
- Save West Berkeley Shellmound
- Idle No More - SF Bay
- Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women of California & American Indian Movement - Foothills/Central California
- 1,000 Grandmothers for Future Generations - Bay Area
- Sunrise Movement - Bay Area
- Jobs with Justice - Bay Area
- ASATA: Alliance of South Asians Taking Action
- Youth vs. Apocalypse & Earth Guardians - Bay Area
- Yet To Be Named Network - Bay Area
- Poor People's Campaign - Bay Area
- Urban Tilth
- Rich City Rides
Check out just a few images from Kelly Johnson Revolutionary Photography below: